Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, shepherd’s pie twice baked potatoes. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd’s Pie Twice Baked Potatoes is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Shepherd’s Pie Twice Baked Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have shepherd’s pie twice baked potatoes using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Take For the Beef Part
- Take 1 lb ground beef
- Make ready 1/2-1 carrot, minced (I used 1/2)
- Get 1/2 medium sized onion, minced
- Make ready 2 tbsp chili powder
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp adobo seasoning
- Prepare to taste salt and pepper
- Make ready For the Potatoes
- Get 4 large Russet Potatoes
- Take 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Make ready 2 tbsp sour cream
- Get 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Get 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- Take 2 tbsp milk
- Make ready 1 tbsp flour
- Make ready 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Take Optional
- Make ready Optional Gravies/Sauces to serve with!
- Make ready Beef Gravy
- Take Mushroom Gravy
Steps to make Shepherd’s Pie Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes well.
- Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until they can be easily stabbed with a fork. (I actually was running late on getting dinner started and have a Potato Express handy, so I used that and microwaved for 5 minutes)
- While the potatoes are baking, mince the onion and carrot. Brown the ground beef, and add the veggies, chili powder, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir fry until veggies are tender. (Whoops, forgot to take a picture of the beef!)
- Once potatoes are done baking, carefully cut and outline around the top, pull up the skin, and use a spoon to scoop as much potato out as possible. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Add the milk, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, and half of the cheese to the potato innards and mash them. Add more milk if you’d like them creamier.
- Stir the beef mixture into the mashed potatoes until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, melt the butter. Add the flour and any additional spices (I added extra adobo) and stir to make a thick paste. Spread this paste into the bottom of and sides of the potatoes.
- Stuff the potatoes with the beef mixture, and pile it on top too!
- Add remaining cheese and bake for 10inutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Enjoy! We ate ours with a bit of sour cream on the side. I had Mac n cheese with mine, because I’ll never say no to Mac n cheese! 🙂
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shepherd’s pie twice baked potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com