Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, buttermilk biscuits. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The best buttermilk biscuits I’ve made since I began my quest for the perfect biscuit. I love the folding technique that left the biscuits with the perfect consistency not to mention flaky. Add buttermilk; stir just until the dough clings together.
Buttermilk Biscuits is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Buttermilk Biscuits is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook buttermilk biscuits using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Get 1 1/2 cup Rice flour
- Get 1 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- Take 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
- Make ready 1 tbsp baking powder
- Get 1 tbsp sugar substitute, such as splenda
- Make ready 1 tsp baking soda
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 2/3 cup shortening
- Get 1 1/2 cup buttermilk (or up to 2 cups)
Sift flour and baking soda together in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the mixture and stir in buttermilk until a soft ball forms. This recipe came from my great-great-grandmother, and was handed down to all the women in my family, and we are all Southern. I am the first one to commit the sin of using a food processor (lol) but I find it works very well.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Combine flours, xanthum gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Mix well.
- Add shortening. Mix together with fork or pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the middle & add 1 cup of buttermilk. Mix together until soft dough forms & leaves side of bowl, adding more buttermilk as needed to reach this consistency. (If don’t have buttermilk, can substitute with putting 2 tbsp of vinegar in measuring glass then add enough milk of your choice & stir. Let set 5 minutes. Stir again & add to recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Form into 2″ balls then flatten some. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
I would put these biscuits up against anyone’s – they are perfect in every single way. This is my go-to biscuit recipe for biscuits and gravy! It can be easily made by pulsing the cubed butter into the flour using a food processor, then adding just enough buttermilk for a nice moist dough (also pulsed in using the food processor). Be sure to use parchment paper when baking. Use full-fat buttermilk, and give the container a good shake before measuring.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food buttermilk biscuits recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com