Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, fungee with okra and bacon. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fungee with Okra and Bacon is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Fungee with Okra and Bacon is something which I have loved my whole life.
Applewood Smoked Sausage, Bacon & Ham Try World’s Finest Applewood Smoked Meats – Ham, Bacon, Sausage, Poultry, and More. The recipe was taught to me by a Jamaican woman I cared for, and it is easy to digest for children and the elderly.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook fungee with okra and bacon using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fungee with Okra and Bacon:
- Prepare bacon (cooked, drained, and crumbled)
- Get okra
- Take water
- Make ready hot kettle of water standing by
- Take Bacon grease (saved over from the bacon)
- Take cornmeal of your choice
- Take Salt and pepper
Flour a work space and reshape the canned crust into a ball. Place halved string cheese sticks on the perimeter of the crust dough and roll the edge over the stick to cover it. Cooked with okra, it is called Fungee in Antigua and Coo-Coo (other times spelled Cou-Cou) in Barbados. With bacon and beans in Aruba, it is called Tutu.
Steps to make Fungee with Okra and Bacon:
- Cook your bacon to be crispy and save your grease in a dish to the side.
- Cook the okra until tender. Do not drain the cup of mucilage and water.
- Crunch up the bacon into small pieces. Do not wipe out your pan from the bacon.
- Put your cornmeal into the hot pan.
- Add the okra and mucilage onto the cornmeal and stir furiously!
- Continue to let it cook and add hot water little by little from your kettle until the cornmeal has fluffed and a spoon can stand upright in the fungee. Take care to press out the lumps. (About 20 minutes)
- Add the bacon and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Grease a dish with the bacon grease you saved. Pack the fungee firmly in the dish. Let it set.
- Slice the fungee and serve.
- Tip: Fry fungee in a pan until it’s browned, if it’s cold from the fridge.
In Barbados, it is one part of the national dish of Flying Fish & Coo-Coo. Other African versions include ugali or sadsa. Saute’ bacon in skillet until it is browned. Add onion, cooking until the onion is transparent. Add the okra and continue cooking until it is tender and almost done.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food fungee with okra and bacon recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com