Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Order Mashed Potatoes online with same day delivery. Schedule delivery when it’s most convenient for you. Hamburger gravy can be served over mashed potatoes, rice, or over bread, my family prefers it over mashed potatoes.
Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes:
- Make ready 2-3 pounds ground beef
- Get To taste Garlic powder
- Make ready To taste Onion powder
- Make ready To tastet Creole seasoning
- Make ready To taste Cajun seasoning
- Make ready Gravy
- Get Hamburger grease
- Get 3-4 tsp flour
- Get As needed Milk
- Get To tastet Garlic powder
- Make ready To taste Onion powder
- Make ready To taste Black pepper
- Get Mashed Potatoes
- Make ready 6-8 medium potatoes
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons Butter
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper
- Prepare optional (garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese)
You need flour, milk, and beef broth to make the actual gravy. The flavor for the gravy comes from the drippings, onion, garlic, Worchestershire. Smothered Hamburgers are full-on comfort food. Creamy mashed potatoes are topped with gravy and a hamburger.
Instructions to make Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes:
- Season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun, and a lil creole seasoning. Mix in real good with hands.
- Form ground beef into patties
- Place hamburger patties carefully in skillet, wash hands, turn on stove, Cook hamburgers at medium heat. Add a little vegetable oil, if needed to prevent sticking.
- Remove cooked hamburgers from skillet
- With left over hamburger grease, stir in (with a fork) 3-4 tsp of flour to grease, stir out any clumps and pour in some milk, add in seasonings and let it simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for a few minutes, turn off heat and let it thicken the rest of the way. Flour helps thicken gravy
- Add hamburgers back to gravy
- Boil sliced potatoes until soft and easily able to cut through them.
- Drain the potatoes and smash them up
- Add in butter, salt, and pepper
- Optional* Add in garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese.
It’s also a pretty simple meal to pull together on a weeknight. It’s another one of those weeks where I just want plate after plate of comfort food. Let’s talk about serving suggestions for your Hamburger Steaks Smothered in Gravy. As you can see from above, I made white rice and peas to go along with our dinner tonight. However, these Hamburger Steaks are great served with mashed potatoes or even wide egg noodles with the gravy.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com