Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, crockpot sweet potato stew. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew is something which I have loved my entire life.
Slow cookers are incredibly convenient for making meals, especially during the fall time. Choose fire-roasted tomatoes: Fire-roasted tomatoes have such a great flavor and add a lot to this stew.(My favorite brands are Muir Glen® and Cento Marzano®.) Beef bouillon: There are so many different options for beef bouillon; here are the exact cubes I use for this stew. Choose the big ones to ensure there is enough flavor!
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have crockpot sweet potato stew using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew:
- Make ready 3 cups (2 sweet potatoes chopped)
- Make ready 1/4 cup chopped celery (optional)
- Take 1 medium white onion
- Take 8 oz bag mini carrots
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) can corn
- Prepare Or 12oz bag of frozen mixed veggies
- Make ready 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- Take 1 lb beef chuck roast cut into ½ inch cubes
- Make ready 4 bacon strips
- Prepare 2 tbsp flour
- Take 1/2 tsp seasoned salt and pepper
- Take 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 1 tsp minced garlic
- Make ready 1/2 tsp paprika
- Take 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp dried parsley
- Make ready 2-3 beef bullion cubes
- Prepare 2-3 cups water
It’s an easy, comfort food that’s healthy too! Throw everything in the crock pot so the veggies soften and the meat falls apart. Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew with Fresh Spinach mixed in just before serving is a delicious and filling dish you can enjoy with almost no effort. You can even prepare the vegetables the night before and simply set the slow cooker insert into the slow cooker and dinner will be ready when you get home.
Instructions to make Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew:
- Crockpot bags are the key to success!
- In a pan cook bacon strips.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Measure to get a heaping 3 cups and place in the prepared slow cooker.
- Add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, the bag of carrots, drained can of corn and undrained can of diced tomatoes and bacon
- Toss together the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss the cut meat (cut in 1 inch cubes if not pre-cut) in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Place the coated meat in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables. You do not need to pre-cook the meat at all.
- Add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
- Crumble in the boullion cubes and the water.
- Stir everything together and try to submerge the meat below the veggies to keep it as tender as possible. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through and tender. All slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine takes about 8 hours on low.
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf.
- Stir the ingredients together and slightly mash the tender sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This gives it a chunkier and thicker stew consistency and it’s delicious!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with sweet potatoes melting through the gravy creates a flavour so rich, you’ll be happy to have leftovers! Tender, fall-apart chunks of beef with melt-in-your-mouth sweet potato and veggies in a rich and flavourful gravy that practically cooks itself! Your kind of dinner, I know. Add meat pieces to the slow cooker. Add in sweet potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, mushrooms and rosemary.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food crockpot sweet potato stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com