Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sourdough Pita Bread is actually quite easy to make. Using sourdough starter instead of yeast extends the time, but it’s mostly hands-off. The payoff is a big boost in flavor and an amazing texture.
Pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter:
- Prepare 4 tbsp sourdough starter 1:1
- Make ready 1 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1/4 cup water
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
Using sourdough starter instead of yeast extends the time, but it’s mostly hands-off. The payoff is a big boost in flavor and an amazing texture. Stuff with your favorite hummus and veggies for a healthy, filling meal. Stuff with your favorite hummus and veggies for a healthy, filling meal.
Instructions to make Pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter:
- Feed your sourdough starter if it comes out from fridge. Let it grow/active in room temperature until it is double.
- Mix the starter with the flour and salt, add slowly the water while mixing. Probably you do not need all depends on your starter hydration.
- Mix and form it to a dough. Let it rest for 3 hours. It will be double in volume
- Portion the dough into five small dough. Let it rest 10 minutes.
- Dust your counter and flatten the dough into 1/2 cm thickness.
- Heat your pan with medium heat.
- Place the flatten pita on the pan. Bake it for 2 minutes each side. It will puff.
- Continue with the rest of dough. Serve it warm with curry.
Although this pita bread requires a little planning in advance (feeding the starter.), it really is quite simple to make. The dough would be made using very rough milled grains and would stand around and attract free-floating yeast, much as sourdough was used later on. A falafel sandwich, hummus with soft warm pita, real banana milkshake, and a baklava were the common lunchtime orders for us. If you are so lucky to be in the area and order a falafel sandwich, you would find spicy and fragrant falafel balls nestled in a crisp lettuce salad with tomato, cucumber, and tahini dressing all bulging out of a soft and chewy pita bread. I baked up some pita pocket breads today or flatbread.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food pita bread on the pan with sourdough starter recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com