Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, basundi/rabdi (milk dessert). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mail order treats to your door, nationwide. Gujarati basundi is a rich and delicious dessert of thickened milk, very similar to the North Indian rabdi. Almonds and pistachios add crunch to this creamy sweet.
Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have basundi/rabdi (milk dessert) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert):
- Prepare 1 litre milk
- Make ready 300 grams sweetened condensed milk
- Get 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Get 1/2 cup cashews cut in to small pieces
- Take 1/2 cup almonds cut in to small pieces
- Make ready 1/2 cup pistachios cut in to small pieces
- Get 4-5 saffron strands, soaked in lukewarm milk for 10-15 minutes
- Take to taste sugar
The lovely natural creaminess, pinkish color adds to the beauty of basundi. Traditionally, basundi is made using full fat milk and sugar, simmered for quite some time, almost until the milk has reduced to about half the quantity. There is a similar dessert preparation in northern part of India, which primarily uses milk and sugar to make this dessert known as rabdi or rabri. While both the sweets, Rabdi and Basundi has the same ingredients and process, it does have a slight difference.
Instructions to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert):
- Add milk in a thick bottom pan, heat up and allow milk to boil in a low flame, stir the milk in between 3-4 minutes once
- Then add sweetened condensed milk in to the milk and mix together, taste the milk if required more sweet either you can add 50 grams of condensed milk or sugar
- Then milk starts to thicken, you will notice the milk solids in with creamy texture, keep on stirring the milk for 20-25 minutes
- Then add cut cashews,almonds and pistachios (save some nuts for garnishing too) to the Basundi and let it boil for another 5 more minutes and simmer to a minute and turn off the flame and then add soaked saffron strands to it mix together
- Basundi is ready to serve hot or chilled (as you like)
- If you like to serve chill then let the Basundi cools down completely, keep the Basundi in refrigerator for at least 30-45 minutes then serve chill
The only difference between these two dishes is the texture. Basundi is thinner in consistency, whereas in Rabdi, the milk is reduced a lot giving it a very thick consistency as compared to Basundi. Basundi also known as Rabri in some parts of India is a creamy rich dessert, is prepared especially during the festivities of Kali Chaudas and just about every small function or a party. The Basundi/ Rabri tastes equally delicious when served with Jalebis and, Malpuas Do give this recipe a try in your kitchen and you will love it for its rich , creamy texture. Basundi can be served hot, warm or chilled. if serving with pooris, then serve the basundi hot or warm.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food basundi/rabdi (milk dessert) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com