Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, south indian style brussel sprouts. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
South Indian style Brussel Sprouts is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. South Indian style Brussel Sprouts is something that I have loved my entire life.
Key ingredients for Brussel sprouts-Indian Style. It is obvious that I do not need to mention the key ingredient. The freshness of the veggie decides the taste of the final dish.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have south indian style brussel sprouts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make South Indian style Brussel Sprouts:
- Take 16 pieces Brussel Sprouts
- Get 1 medium red onion
- Prepare 4-5 pieces green chilli
- Make ready 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Get 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- Get 1 tbsp Split bengal gram/chana dal
- Make ready 2 tbsp curry leaves
- Get 1/3 tbsp astafoetida/hing
- Get 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- Get to taste Salt
Brussel Sprouts are similar to small cabbage but has strong flavor. When combined with spices and stir fried this sabzi makes a great dish to go along with Phulkas. The addition of garam masala along with ginger and garlic makes the Brussel Sprouts Sabzi truly delectable. Serve the Indian Spiced Brussel Sprouts Sabzi along with Phulka, Sindhi Kadhi and steamed rice for lunch or a.
Steps to make South Indian style Brussel Sprouts:
- Chopped all the brussel sprouts. Also chopped the onion and slit the green chilies.
- Boil the chopped sprouts with salt for 10-15 minutes. Separate the boiled sprouts from water.
- In the pan heat oil and add mustard seeds. Then add chana dal and curry leaves. Then add astofoedia and green chilies.
- Then add onion and saute well. Add some salt and turmeric powder and saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Then add boiled sprouts and mix them very well.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. In between stir often. Taste the salt. Serve it with steamed rice.
This is one of those veggies that’s rarely made in Indian style. Brussels sprouts is a veggie that belongs to the same species as that of cabbage and comes with lot of health benefits including antioxidant support. Though this veggie can be prepared in several ways, for the best health benefits they have to be steamed. ABOUT South Indian style Brussel Sprouts RECIPE. Brussel sprouts is the member of the Gemmifera group of cabbages.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food south indian style brussel sprouts recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com