Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken kabsa. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
After falling in love with Kabsa at a Yemeni restaurant in San Francisco I had to learn how to make this dish. This is a great recipe and the spicing was utterly perfect. I marinated the chicken overnight in some lime/garlic/kabsa spice and then threw it on the grill to pick up some additional flavor before doing the steps in the recipe.
Chicken kabsa is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken kabsa is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken kabsa using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken kabsa:
- Make ready 1 kg Basmati rice (soaked 30 minutes)
- Take 6 Chicken legs pieces
- Prepare 1 onion medium size
- Make ready 2 large tomatoes
- Get 3 bay leaves
- Prepare 3-5 Cinnamon sticks
- Take 8-10 Cardamoms
- Make ready 10-12 Cloves
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- Get 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Take 1 tablespoon Fennel seeds
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Get as per taste Salt
- Get 1 tbsp Black pepper fresh seeds to make powder
- Get As needed strands of saffron
- Get 2-3 Star anise
- Prepare as required Jaifal,jawitri (optional)
- Prepare 1 tsp Coriander seeds (optional)
- Take 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- Get as required Almonds, chasews & raisins for garnishing
- Take as required Ghee for cooking
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Butter for cooking with rice (optional)
It is like having a flavorful rice and chicken kebab, all made in one pot. Kabsa is a spicy chicken and rice dish very popular in Saudi Arabia. It is a rice dish cook along with different kinds of meat and other spices. Chicken Kabsa is a fragrant, mildly spiced, hearty.
Instructions to make Chicken kabsa:
- Dry roast all dry ingredients leaving few cinnamon sticks, salt, sugar, bay leave, strands of saffron for cooking with rice once all @ room temperature
- Blend it to fine powder then your kabsa masala is ready. Wash & Grate lemon for zest & it’s ready set aside then chop tomatoes & onion.
- Fry the dry fruits in a tablespoon of ghee & set aside.
- Now let’s start cooking take a wok add in the ghee then add cinnamon sticks, bay leave & cardamoms sauté for a minute then add the chopped onions fry till golden brown then add tomatoes fry well till mashed soft then add salt & sugar then add chicken, lemon zest & kabsa masala now fry for 5 minutes them add a glass of water make sure not to burn it
- Once the water is boiling remove chicken from it & add in the butter & soaked rice then add more water accordingly with rice to cook
- Once the rice is cooking besides shallow fry the chicken pieces fry each side for four minutes then flip it over similarly fry till it turns golden red on both sides
- Once the rice is almost cooked add on the fried chicken & fry fruits fried then cover it for 10 minutes on low flame & it’s ready
- Enjoy the delicious Arabic meal @ home with your loved ones & follow me for more updates..!!!!
Chicken kabsa is a traditional spiced rice dish originating from Saudi Arabia. Famous for a good reason: rich chicken flavor, fragrant spice, sweetness from shredded carrots and raisins. The chicken is boiled to make it’s own stock, then broiled in the oven till golden brown and crispy. Kabsa is a staple across the homes of Arabia. Each home making it their own.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken kabsa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com