Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, katsu chicken curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Katsu Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Katsu Chicken Curry is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have katsu chicken curry using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Chicken Curry:
- Get 2 chicken breasts
- Make ready 3 tbsp plain flour
- Get 1 beaten egg
- Make ready 4 tbsp panko or golden breadcrumbs (or crushed puffed rice!)
- Make ready For the sauce:
- Make ready 1 onion, sliced
- Get 1 medium carrot, grated
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic,crushed
- Make ready 2 tbsp plain flour
- Get 1 tbsp curry powder (medium works best)
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 500 ml chicken stock1 tsp
- Make ready black pepper
Steps to make Katsu Chicken Curry:
- Place the chicken between two pieces of cling film & bash with a rolling pin until they are even thickness. – Put the flour, egg & breadcrumbs into shallow dishes or plates. – Dip each chicken breast first into the flour, then the egg & finally the breadcrumbs making sure they are evenly coated. Place on to a plate or tray, cover with cling film & put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion & carrot for 2 minutes then add the garlic. Cook until soft then stir in the flour & curry powder. Keep stirring for about 3 minutes to cook out the flour. – Gradually add the stock stirring well to keep it smooth. Pour in the soy sauce & season with pepper. – Allow to simmer for 10 minutes then set aside & keep warm while you cook the chicken.
- Carefully add the coated chicken & cook for about 5 minutes until golden then turn it over & cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside on a chopping board to rest for a minute. Slice the chicken into strips.
- Serve the chicken with rice with the sauce on top, on the side over the rice or however you like!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food katsu chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com