Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, veg dum biryani. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
.traditionally the dum biryani is prepared with mix of meat, vegetables and rice, however this a vegetarian alternative with only vegetables. veg dum. Veg dum biryani recipe – Biryani was brought by the mughals to India during the mughal reign. It became very popular as one of the most nutritious, rich and royal foods. i had already shared a hyderabadi veg biryani recipe and it was prepared without the dum style of cooking. i had used normal kadai with just one layering of biryani gravy and cooked basmati rice. also.
Veg dum biryani is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Veg dum biryani is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook veg dum biryani using 33 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Veg dum biryani:
- Take for rice
- Get 1 1/2 cup rice soaked for 20 minutes
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Get 2-3 cloves
- Take 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Take 2 tsp oil
- Make ready for gravy
- Make ready 2 tbsp oil
- Prepare 1 tbsp butter
- Take 2 finely chopped onion
- Make ready 1 cup tomato puree
- Prepare 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Get 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrot, cauliflower,beans,peas)
- Make ready 1/2 cup curd
- Make ready 1 tsp whole jeera/cumin seeds
- Make ready 2 cardamoms
- Get 1 bayleaf
- Prepare 2-3 cloves
- Take 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Make ready 1 tsp kasmiri red chilli powder
- Take 1 tsp Haldi/Turmeric powder
- Take 2 tsp biryani masala
- Take 1/2 cup paneer cubes
- Prepare 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take other ingredients
- Take 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Take 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Get 1/2 cup fried onions
- Make ready 2-3 drops yellow colour
- Prepare as needed Wheat dough to seal
The Biryani cooked with vegetables in Hyderabadi style is known as ‘Hyderabadi Veg Biryani’. This hyderabadi veg biryani or hyderabadi vegetable biryani recipe is a slowly cooking method where the preferred vegetables are stir fried and mixed with all the spices to make a sabzi masala, mixed. Veg Biryani is a delicious and aromatic preparation of Rice, Vegetables and spices cooked in a traditional Hyderabadi Dum Biryani style. Veg biryani recipe – For making vegetable dum biryani, basmati rice and vegetable gravy are partially cooked separately first.
Steps to make Veg dum biryani:
- Firstly in a large vessel boiled water along with all whole masala and salt now add soaked rice further boil for 10minutes or till the rice is almost cooked (do not cook the rice completely) drain.off the water and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process keep inside
- In a large kadai heat oil and butter add all whole masala, Jeera saute till the spices turn aromatic add chopped onion and saute well also add ginger garlic paste and tomato puree and saute for 2minutes add red chilli, turmeric powder, biryani masala,salt and curd saute on low flame else curd might curdle further add 1cup water cover and cook for 15minutes cook till the vegetables are almost cooked now add paneer cubes and mix well
- Firstly in a thick bottom clay pot spread in a layer of prepared veg further layer with cooked rice also spread few mint and coriander leaves and fried onions and few drops colour as a third layer spread again veg repeat layering with cooked rice colour and fried onions also top with a tbsp of ghee,mint and coriander leaves now close the lid and seal.with wheat dough
- Keeping the flame on low cook for 15minutes finally serve dum biryani with raita
Then both are assembled in the layers with the topping of nuts, fried onions. Spiced vegetables cooked with basmati, saffron, butter and whole spices. A dum phukt biryani or dum cooked biryani should be cooked with loads of patience. The whole process of putting the veg biryani under dum should be done in very low flame. Learn how to make vegetable dum biryani with this detailed and step by step recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food veg dum biryani recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com