Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, homemade gyros. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
How do you make authentic greek gyros when you don’t have a rotisserie? The trick is the double bake – now you have the right flavor and texture for gyros. WICKED homemade gyros pita with tzatziki. step by step tutorial! because this is as close as it gets to being in GREECE!
Homemade Gyros is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Homemade Gyros is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have homemade gyros using 22 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Gyros:
- Prepare 2 lb lamb chops
- Take 1/2 lb top sirloin steak
- Get 6 pitas
- Get 8 oz tzatziki sauce
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1 tomato (sliced then halved)
- Take 1/2 white onion (sliced)
- Prepare marinade n seasonings:
- Prepare 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Make ready 2 tsp season salt
- Make ready 1 tsp brown sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp dried parsley
- Take 1/2 tsp dried crushed mint
- Take 1 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- Take 1 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1 tsp onion powder
- Get 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Get 1 1/2 tsp dried tyme
- Make ready 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp jarred minced garlic
- Prepare 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- Take 1/4 tsp ground marjoram
Serve them with flatbread and lots of toppings for a fun and easy meal! Make your own Greek gyro meat at home! Yes, you can make gyros at home. · Follow Alton Brown’s Food Network recipe to make Gyro Meat with Tzatziki Sauce at home; the creamy cucumber-yogurt sauce goes perfectly. Making real Greek gyros is one of those things that seems completely out of the realm of home Now all you need is some shortcut homemade pita and you’re giving the local gyro stand some serious.
Steps to make Homemade Gyros:
- First off.. thank you to @bbqtvtv.com a.k.a tom for his greek seasoning recipe found on his profile in wich I used for this recipe.
- And secondly a big thank you to @skunkmonkey101 as I used his tzatziki sauce recipe found on his profile.
- Thirdly: thank you to @taylor68too for her added seasoning suggestions! Now let’s get to cooking!
- Remove bones from meat and rinse under cool water. Pat dry.
- Slice meat into thin 1/4 inch slices and each slice should be about 1-2 inches long.
- In a large bowl, mix all marinade/seasonings. Wisk well.
- Add sliced meat. And toss to coat well.
- Cover bowl and refridgerate for 1 hour to soak. Tossing every 15 minutes or so.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Toss in meat mixture with all the marinade.
- Fry, tossing frequently until outsides of meat is seared and insides are still slightly pink. About 5-10 minutes.
- Drain meat from juices and set meat aside but keep warm. Reserve juices.
- In another skiller heat until hot.
- Lightly brush pitas with a bit of the reserved drippings/juices. This will give pitas a nice flavor.
- Cook pitas until nice n browned but not crispy. ( if u don’t like your pitas cooked u can skip this process) spray pan with cooking spray as needed.
- TO SERVE:
- Place desired amount of meat onto a pita.
- Then garnish with onion,tomato and tzatziki sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Yes, you can make gyros at home. This homemade Greek-American style gyro is delicious and very easy to make. homemade gyros nutrition facts and nutritional information. Take a bite of this delicious homemade Greek lamb gyros served on pita bread with garlicky yogurt sauce, tomatoes and onions and pretend you are holiday… How to Make Homemade Greek Gyro Meat: Pulse the onion in a food processor and pulse until pureed. Transfer the onion to a fine mesh strainer and let some of the juice drain. This is a very unique and easy gyro recipe using ground lamb, ground beef and seasonings.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food homemade gyros recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com