Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sautéed red cabbage, collard greens and potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Stir collard greens, red cabbage and red wine vinegar into the potatoes and onions. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. I used a mix of broccoli rabe and kale, though chard, collard greens or mustard would also work.
Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sautéed red cabbage, collard greens and potatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes:
- Make ready 3 strips Bacon
- Make ready 1/2 cup Diced Onions
- Take 2 Russet Potatoes cut into 1/2in cubes, unpeeled
- Take 3 cups Collard Greens, chopped into small pieces
- Prepare 2 cups grated or chopped Red Cabbage
- Take 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Get Pinch Sugar
- Make ready Garlic Salt
- Make ready Ground Black Pepper
Add chicken broth, sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes if using. When it comes to greens, collards tend to live in the shadow of lettuce, spinach and even kale—except in the South. There, collard greens, which taste like a cross between kale and cabbage, star in a dish that inspires lots of love and plenty of controversy, too. This is the perfect soul food side dish!
Instructions to make Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes:
- Fry 3 strips of bacon in a large pan. When done remove to drain on paper towels.
- Add diced onions to the large pan, season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry diced onions in the leftover bacon grease, until translucent
- Add diced potatoes to the onions and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry until lightly crispy.
- Stir collard greens, red cabbage and red wine vinegar into the potatoes and onions. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cover with a lid. Cook until cabbage is tender (about 7 mins) uncovering and stirring often. Then remove from heat.
- Chop the three bacon strips into small crumbles. Stir into the the pan and serve hot.
So you’ve read the title, and some of you maybe confused, but others are screaming ” IT’S ABOUT DARN TIME ROSIE!!!”. This dish was a first for me, adding potatoes to a pot of Collard Greens, was something I had never done before, but turned out to be very tasty and delicious. Pick the collard leaves individually and remove all the tough fiberous stems. Then wash thoroughly to remove dirt and grit. We have a friend who grows wonderful greens and he will sweetly gather and bring them to me. “Thank You Ray Brown !”One of my sisters hates Turnip Greens and didn’t think she would like this recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sautéed red cabbage, collard greens and potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com