Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mallorca bread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Sweet, fluffy, and dusted with powdered sugar, this Puerto Rican Mallorca bread is a delicious treat for breakfast or dessert. Pan de Mallorca (mallorca bread) originates from E nsaïmades bread from the Spanish island of Majorca, which is why we call it mallorca bread.
Mallorca Bread is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mallorca Bread is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mallorca bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mallorca Bread:
- Make ready 1 packet dry yeast(1/4 oz)
- Get 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- Get 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- Prepare 8 egg yolks
- Make ready 3/4 cup white sugar
- Prepare 2 sticks butter+ 1 stick for brushing
- Take 6 1/2 cup bread flour
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Take Powder sugar
Mallorca bread is a sweet fluffy buttery egg bread. It is perfect to have sliced and buttered with your coffee or you can also have a savory version with a slice of ham and Swiss. Pan de Mallorca (mallorca bread) originates from Ensaïmades bread from the Spanish island of Majorca. Thank you, Lord, for being born in a place where Mallorca’s exist!!
Instructions to make Mallorca Bread:
- In a large bowl combine eggs,sugar, melted butter and whisk until well combined.In another bowl pour in milk and water, sprinkle in yeast and let it seat for a minute.
- Add yeast mixture to egg mixture and whisk until well combined.In a separate bowl whisk together salt and flour.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture one cup at a time until dough just come together.Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead until tacky.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a kitchen cloth and let it rise on the counter for 2 hours.The dough can also be refrigerated and rise overnight.
- Flour a clean work surface,turn dough out on a floured surface, sprinkle with flour.Tear the dough into 12 even pieces.
- Roll the dough pieces into 1/2 inch ropes.Shape the ropes into coiled buns,tucking the end under the bun.(as below but mine were not even)
- Preheat oven to 350°C.Place rolls in a pan loosely.Cover with kitchen towel and let it rise another 45 minutes.Using a pastry brush gently brush rolls with melted butter (mixed my butter with cinnamon for flavor).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are just beginning to brown.Allow buns to cool,sift generously with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.Enjoy with coffee.
The best part is that you don’t need to fly to P. R. to have a good Mallorca. As a good hostess, I will share this recipe with you! So enjoy this pinch of sugar!! Trying out recipe from woman scribbles.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mallorca bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com